Post DermaSweep Treatment Home Care
To ensure the best results with your DermaSweep Treatment, be sure to adhere to the following instructions:
Use your recommended Moisturizer for 3 to 7 days after treatment, or until you skin returns to normal. Apply twice daily or more often if treatment is irritated.
You may experience redness, swelling, scabbing and flaking skin. This is normal.
Avoid use of AHA products, Retin A, masks, scrubs, facial waxing, or any other exfoliating products or treatments for 3-7 days or until your skin returns to normal
Use of cold compresses can provide relief from the windburn feeling.
Do not pick, scratch or peel the skin.
Avoid direct sun exposure and/or tanning beds after treatment.
Use make-up as desired.
Use your recommended cleanser as prescribed.
Use your prescribed moisturizer. If treating hyperpigmentation use of a lighting product is recommended.
In the absence of irritation, you may begin using your prescribed homecare products or other AHA products in 3-7 days after treatment or whenever your skin returns to normal.
If you have any concerns, please call us on 0417 516 480.
LIRA SKIN PEELS
* Pre Treatment
Pre-treatment is an important requirement and is a must as it helps to prepare the skin for active ingredients, increases the healing time, provides a uniform penetration of the peeling agent. Ingredients for preparation include; glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid and retinoic acid. Please contact the clinic for advice on a product as different peels have different pre treatment requirements
Unless otherwise instructed to do so by your treatment specialist:
- One week prior to treatment avoid waxing, electrolysis, Laser Hair Removal, prescription retinoids/retinoid-like compounds (Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac), products containing Retinol, AHAs, BHAs, Benzoyl Peroxide, or any exfoliating products that may be drying or Irritating on the area to be treated.
- Two weeks prior to treatment avoid microdermabrasion, chemical peels, dermaplanning, laser, cosmetic injectables, skin needling, hair bleaching creams, hair removal creams and home rollers.
- Individuals who have medical cosmetic facial procedures must wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves before having a Professional Resurfacing Treatment and written consent from a doctor before completing clinical resurfacing.
- You must be on the prescribed Lira four homecare prior to commencing a Lira Clinical Peel, with the exception of Lira Vita Brite and Pumpkin Plus.
POST TREATMENT GUIDELINES
- It is crucial to the health of your skin and success of your treatment that these guidelines be followed:
- It is imperative that you use the prescribed Lira Clinical Homecare.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 48 hours. Wear sunscreen daily.
- Your skin may be more sensitive after your treatment so avoid strenuous exercise and extreme heat for at least 48 hours.
- Do not go swimming or put face under water for 4 hours
- Do not take long hot showers or put face under a hot stream of water, avoid steam for 4 hours
- When cleansing, do not scrub or use a wash cloth.
- Do not pick or prematurely peel the skin as this will cause hyperpigmentation and/or surface scars
- Wait until all flaking and peeling is complete before returning to your regular home care routine or having additional professional treatments.
- Immediately notify your treatment specialist of any concerns.
- No active products for 5 days after peel. This includes Vitamin A, BHA’s and AHA’s
- One week after treatment avoid waxing, electroylsis, Laser hair removal, prescription retinoids / retinoid like compounds (Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac), products containing Retinol, AHA’s, BHA’s, Benzoyl Peroxide, or any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating or intensify the treatment on the area to be treated.
- Two weeks after treatment avoid microdermbrasion, dermaplanning, chemical peels, lasers, cosmetic injectables, skin needling and home rollers.
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Avoid surfaces that could irritate your skin i.e. pillows, beards, collared or turtleneck shirts
Post Peel Expectations
The skin will look and feel dry, tight and may appear slightly redder. In some cases the skin may deepen in colour.
Swelling may naturally occur as the skin’s tissue has been disturbed. The application of a cool compress within the first 24 hours may be helpful.
The skin will continue to feel dry and tight. Some may experience mild to moderate sloughing as this is a normal process of a chemical exfoliation treatment. The amount of sloughing varies depending on the chemical exfoliation treatment. Resume recommended skin care program.
If you have any questions, please contact me on 0417 516 480
Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org